What is it like in SL for the opposite sex? I’ve always been a little curious how the other half lives but never really tried it out. Today I gave it a whirl with my husband’s avi. I gave him a makeover, not that he needed one, but I was going for a different look. It was an interesting experience that’s for sure. A few things I learned:
1. I don’t think men’s poses are all that sexy. There are a lot of really good ones but I found just as many cheesy or overly model type ones that look like they’ve might be featured in GQ or Playgirl.
2. Not only do men’s skins have fewer options but I found a few stores that were expensive compared to women’s. I take for granted the cleavage and eyebrow and makeup options that we women have. I noticed that a couple of them run more than most women’s I’ve seen.
3. There aren’t many men’s-only stores whether it be clothes, poses, accessories or whatever.
4. Something I didn’t notice until now but most eyes are advertised as women’s or with women’s pictures.
5. Most of them women I ran into assumed I was hitting on them b/c I started up a conversation by complimenting them.
6. While it was interesting to play with for a time, I’m glad I don’t have a penis. Having to detach or reattach has to be a PITA. Trying to color match it to the skin is just as frustrating as it is trying to color match shoes.
Therein is the sum total of my 2 1/2 hours as a male. I’m sure there’s a lot more I could have covered/learned but a headache cut my time short.
Hair: TRUTH – Eric – Espresso
Skin: Belleza – Jacob – Medium (Christmas group gift)
Eyes: FASHISM – Dark Hazel
Necklace: Lapointe & Bastchild – Men’s Dog Tags – Black Iron/Black Edge Silver
Shirt: GothiCatz – Wanted
Jeans: League – Men’s Ripped 78s – Blacks
Shoes: [Vecchi] – Super G’s – Red
Poses: Olive Juice & SEmotion