So today is Truth Hawks’ RL birthday. That’s right. THE Truth Hawks, creator of the amazing Truth Hair. Honestly I’ve never met him, he’s not a close personal friend of mine but thanks to his special lady Kaelyn Alecto, now all of SL should know. lol. Kaelyn also took this fabulous photo of me. Thank you sweetie!
It’s might be silly, but even with all the fabulous mesh hair in-world today, I still love this flexi one. While it’s a pain in the butt to take photos with, requiring just the right pose and maybe even a bit of editing pieces around, this is still my favorite hair by Truth. And pretty much my favorite hair that I own. I’m a huge fan of anything with curls or waves, since my own RL hair is sort of flat and mostly straight, and this one takes the cake. The lovely ponytail of curls and the optional bangs keep me coming back to this hair again and again. Please forgive me for any gushing or rambling I may have done.
Happy Birthday Truth! Congrats to you and best wishes for this upcoming year. Thank you for you contributions to this world. You are so appreciated!
Hey there SL, it’s Kaiden again! Aya finally let me onto her blog again (or rather, letting me write and emailing it to her).
We had a nice couples afternoon/evening yesterday hanging at the beautiful Crossing Currents sim. It was so nice to get out and see her and Therathe. RL has been so busy for both of us we haven’t had time to hang out lately. And I’m sure the guys enjoyed having some male-bonding/guy talk time and all that good stuff. A fun time had by all I think. Here are some pics from our day out. Enjoy!
Since Kaiden has been working to give her SL hubby a makeover I figured I could help out mine and give him at least a little bit of an update. Rathe didn’t get the full on makeover but settled on new hair and new eyes for himself as well as a shape edit. He thought it would be nice for me to use for the blog so here is my (semi) made-over sweetie and his best buddy Mark with a new look.
What is it like in SL for the opposite sex? I’ve always been a little curious how the other half lives but never really tried it out. Today I gave it a whirl with my husband’s avi. I gave him a makeover, not that he needed one, but I was going for a different look. It was an interesting experience that’s for sure. A few things I learned:
1. I don’t think men’s poses are all that sexy. There are a lot of really good ones but I found just as many cheesy or overly model type ones that look like they’ve might be featured in GQ or Playgirl.
2. Not only do men’s skins have fewer options but I found a few stores that were expensive compared to women’s. I take for granted the cleavage and eyebrow and makeup options that we women have. I noticed that a couple of them run more than most women’s I’ve seen.
3. There aren’t many men’s-only stores whether it be clothes, poses, accessories or whatever.
4. Something I didn’t notice until now but most eyes are advertised as women’s or with women’s pictures.
5. Most of them women I ran into assumed I was hitting on them b/c I started up a conversation by complimenting them.
6. While it was interesting to play with for a time, I’m glad I don’t have a penis. Having to detach or reattach has to be a PITA. Trying to color match it to the skin is just as frustrating as it is trying to color match shoes.
Therein is the sum total of my 2 1/2 hours as a male. I’m sure there’s a lot more I could have covered/learned but a headache cut my time short.
My sister uses that phrase when it comes to doing little things that just make a person’s day. So here’s a little sunshine for a special lady I know who just celebrated her 3rd Rezz Day yesterday. So if you see Kaiden in-world be sure to wish her a happy belated SL b-day.
After much hemming and hawing I did it. I joined plurk. I figured it was time I saw what all the fuss was about. While I’m not a huge fan of the social network thing, and not really into joining up fb or twitter, plurk seemed semi-reasonable. And I do want to connect with other bloggers. My circle of blogger buds is somewhat limited still. So here I go, you can find me under AyaFire. Hoping the fuss is worth it. >.<